The Salon GW staff, along with Gregory and Walter, are deeply involved with Dunedin and many Pinellas County communities. They regularly host and participate in several charity and social betterment events throughout the year including:
•Gregory is the founder and President elect of the Downtown Dunedin Merchants Association
• A member of the Dunedin Chamber of Commerce since 1993
• Founding chair of the Arts and Cultural Advisory Board for the City of Dunedin
• Current Chairperson for the CRA (Community Redevelopment Advisory Committee) for the City of Dunedin – for 20+ Years
• Alumni of the Pinellas Leadership Class of 2007, Served on the Executive Board for 4 years after graduation.
• Member of Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and Equality Florida and Founder of North Pinellas Pride
• Works with different art based charities by hosting a bi -annual fundraising events including Beauty Meets Art.
Beauty Meets Art is our in house art premiere that we put on with the Dunedin Fine Art Center and local downtown businesses. BMA gives local artists the ability to have their artwork showcased to the public for that quarter while at the same time promoting the fine art center and their educational programs. This also allows us to promote Tampa Bay fashion designers, restaurants or bars, photographers, DJ’s, bands and special effects companies. The annual Wearable Art fashion show (voted Tampa Bay’s Best Fashion Show) which we are the sole partner salon is held at the Fine Art Center and is continually evolving its artistic presence to bring out the best in high energy artistic design and performance.
All together our philosophy is that by raising the aesthetic level of our area we will assist in making our already beautiful and delightful city even more wonderful. We hope that you enjoy all that Dunedin has to offer and will always work with you to make it more enjoyable…look forward to seeing you soon!