- Put down the shampoo! Although high temperatures may have you jumping in the shower more often, lathering up too frequently can cause dryness and frizz. Try clipping your hair up in the shower and using a dry shampoo afterwards to refresh your style. Avoid heat styling and try working with your natural texture or a fun summer braid.
- Going for a swim? If you plan on taking a dip, try wetting strands in the shower first. I like to detangle, add a quarter sized amount of leave in conditioner or oil and braid my hair loosely. If hair is already damp it is less likely to absorb chlorine and salt water which can leave your hair feeling dry.
- Replenish! Look for sulfate free shampoos and hydrating conditioners. Once a week try a moisturizing hair mask!
- Detangle properly. Keep a brush that is made for detangling wet hair at home AND in your beach bag. Hair is most delicate while it is wet, using a traditional brush on tangles may cause breakage.
- Accessorize! Hats and scarves are the most fashionable way to protect your hair and skin from harmful UV rays.
#andim #salonGW #sexysummerhair